- Serves as Club’s chief executive officer, responsible for general supervision and operation of the Club.
- Presides at Club meetings.
- Directs Club in way which meets educational growth and leadership needs of members.
- In cooperation with executive team, establishes long-term and short-term plans for Club growth.
Vice President Education
- Responsible for planning successful Club meetings so that each member has the opportunity to achieve his or her educational goals.
- Directs planning, organization, and implementation of Communication and Leadership, Speechcraft, and other educational programs.
- Schedules speeches, signs Communication and Leadership manuals, updates Member Progress Charts, and reports educational program completions promptly to World Headquarters.
- Coordinates recognition of member achievement.
- As second-highest ranking Club officer, presides at Club and executive committee meetings in absence of the President.
- Ensures that each new member receives orientation to the Toastmasters educational program, including assignment of mentors and new member induction.
Vice President Membership
- Plans, organizes, and implements a continuous marketing effort which ensures that the Club maintains or exceeds a charter membership level of 20 members.
- Works with groups inside and outside of Toastmasters to promote Club membership and membership retention.
- In coordination with Club Treasurer, (and the Club Secretary – ed.), responsible for prompt submission to World Headquarters of Clubâ€™s semiannual report (including membership list and dues payment).
- Provides for recognition of Toastmasters who contribute to increase of membership in Toastmasters International.
- Maintains accurate membership roster and attendance records.
- Chairman of Club Membership Committee.
Vice President Public Relations
- Develops, implements, and administers a program that maintains a positive image of Toastmasters for all members, guest and the general public.
- Responsible for internal and external public relations for the Club, including but not limited to:
- preparing and distributing news releases regarding Club activities;
- working with Club officers to develop literature about the Club;
- representing Club with the media.
- Works with the Club Newsletter Editor and Sergeant-at-Arms to maintain an effective program of internal Club communication.
- Responsible for Club records and correspondence.
- Custodian of Club constitution, bylaws, and all other official Club documents.
- Submits updated membership and officer records to World Headquarters.
- Prepares and mails orders for Toastmasters supplies.
- Records and reads minutes of Club meetings and Executive Committee meetings.
- In coordination with the Vice President Membership, submits all new, transfer, and reinstated memberships on application (Form 400) to World Headquarters.
- Submits names of newly elected officers to World Headquarters within ten days following election.
- Responsible for development and execution of financial policies, procedures, audits, and controls.
- Receives and disburses funds in payment of all obligations.
- Develops and recommends budget to Club Executive Committee.
- Notifies members of dues payable and collects dues.
- Along with the Vice President Membership and Club Secretary, ensures semiannual membership reports, dues, and membership roster are mailed to World Headquarters and received by April 10 and October 10.
- Responsible for serving as master host and making proper physical arrangements for all Club meetings.
- Coordinates with Vice President Public Relations and Vice President Membership to ensure that each member and guest is welcomed at club meetings.
- Responsible for orderly conduct of meeting, including:
- arranging meal service,
- meeting room layout,
- setting out materials and equipment,
- collecting ballots,
- tallying votes,
- controlling Club property between meetings.
Immediate Past President
- Provides guidance and serves as resource to Club officers and members.
- Chairs the Nominating Committee.
- Assists in the preparation of Club Success Plan and promotes Club’s efforts to become a Distinguished Club.